Wednesday 31 December 2008

Late present - myöhäinen lahja äidille

I finished it! and only 1 week late (hmmm...) but it is beautiful. And sophisticated. And 100% alpaca so it is buttery soft. Really a nice scarf... (It's for my mom - I'll give it to her next week - hope she likes it as well! )

Pattern: Woven Trellis Scarf by Kristen TenDyke (ravelry link)
Yarn: Drops Alpaca in chocolate brown, approx. 130g
Needles: 4mm

I knitted the long strips on two dpns instead of knitting them round. This made it go a bit faster - although it still was a very time-consuming knit. But - (and I have to point this out) have I not been sick for over two weeks before Christmas - I would have finished it in time. So it's not practically my fault that it was finished a "bit" late....

Sain sen sitten vihdoin valmiiksi. Kyllä menikin aikaa - ihan uskomatonta kuinka kauan noiden pötkelöiden neulomiseen meni - ja sentään tajusin neuloa ne kahdella sukkapuikolla suoraan putkeksi sen sijaan, että olisin neulonut ohjeen mukaan pyörönä...

Mutta huivista tuli hieno. Tosi pehmeä ja jotenkin hienostunut - tai siis siinä on klassisia piirteitä, mutta kuitenkin vähän "jujua" - eli toivon hartaasti jotta saajakin (äitini) tästä pitää...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf!

A-L said...

thank you:-)