Wednesday 11 March 2009

Darn!

I darn socks. Not that it would be my favourite past time or anything but somehow I always manage to wear holes into my handknit socks. So from time to time (normally when all my socks have holes in them) I sit down, take a deep breath and darn. (evidence above)

I've heard that there are people who can wear a pair of socks for years before getting holes in them. With me, that happens in a couple of months - if the yarn has nylon in it. (Purple socks in the photo are knitted from a divine 70%merino/30% cashmere, and the first hole appeared in less than two weeks - needless to say that I will never- ever knit socks from nylon-less yarn again!) Maybe it is the way I walk. I blame it to my background in dance & gymnastics.

Vietin tässä jokunen päivä sitten parsintapäivää - eli paikkasin kaikki villasukkani. Jotenkin onnistun tallaamaan kaikkiin sukkiini reiät alta aikayksikön (jos langassa on nailonia , sukat kestävät hyvällä säkällä jopa muutaman kuukauden...) Kuvassa viimeisimmän parsimisurakan tuloksia - eihän ne kauniita ole, mutta kestävät taas sen muutaman hetken ennen seuraavaa parsimiskierrosta. Joskus kyllä harmittaa, kun ihana lanka ei kestäkään sukissa.. (kuvan liilat sukat, 70% merinovillaa/30%cashmerea - ei nailonia ja puhkikävellyt parissa viikossa - ikinä enää en neulo sukkia langasta jossa ei ole nailonia mukana!! )
No nyt on taas mitä käyttää siihen saakka kun saan puikoilla olevat sukat valmiiksi. (alkaa kyllä tulla RPM jo korvista...)

No comments: