Tuesday 3 March 2009

Last stashbusting knits - Vikat lankahamsterineuleet

So I'm a bit behind in my blogging but here are the two last items I managed to knit during February:
Star Crossed Slouchy beret & Dragon scarf. They were fast knits and I'm relatively satisfied with them (although this time it seems Slouchy beret might have just a tiny bit too much slouch... well - it is good enough anyways... - and no, I don't normally wear these inside, but only put them on so my DH could take a couple of photos...)

Tässä siis vikat hamsterikuukauden tuotokset näin jälkikäteen tännekin...(enkä tietenkään yleensä käytä näitä sisällä - mutta koska kuvat piti saada nopeesti hamsteriblogia varten niin ovat nyt sisäotoksia..)
Pattern: Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larsson (ravelry)
Yarn: Novita Polaris, under 200g
Needles: 6mm & 8mm
Pattern: Dragon scarf by Vilma Vuori (ravelry)
Yarn: Novita Teddy 2skeins & Novita Polaris (for crocheted borders)
Needles: 8mm

Scarf was really fast to knit but crocheted edge took forever to do (not really, it just felt like it - maybe it is just me & crochet in general) I run out of Novita Teddy but decided to make contrasting borders so black it was and I think it turned out pretty interesting. Sort of Army-meets-dragon - vibe.

Huivi oli tosi nopsasti neulottu, mutta virkatun reunuksen kanssa kesti ikuisuuden (tai siis ainakin tuntui siltä, kun piti kätkeä ne kaikki langanpätkät sinne sisään jne) Aluksi koko huivin piti olla vihreä, mutta Teddy meni ja loppui kesken joten planB oli mustat reunukset, joista tulikin sitten todella kivat. Olisiko tämä nyt sitten Lohikäärme-liittyi-armeijaan - huivi?

(EDIT: My stashbusting saldo for February was 2597g.)

No comments: