Friday 17 April 2009

It's Spring! - Kevät tuli!

It's official - Spring is here.
May I present: The First Flowers of Spring!

Tuli se kevät sittenkin - Ensimmäiset Leskenlehdet!
On the knitting front: Diminished Rib Cardi in Lavender - to which I added a single button closure. (as it was impossible to wear this without any closing - system: It just didn't stay on!)

Neulonnan tuloksena esiteltäköön Diminishing Rib Cardi , josta tuli ihan kiva, kun lisäsin siihen nappikiinnityksen (Ilman kiinnitystä tämä malli on toivoton, siis jos haluaa liikkua yhtään, sillä se ei kertakaikkiaan halua pysyä päällä) Pattern: Diminishing Rib Gardigan by Andrea Pomerantz from IK Spring 2009 (ravelry)
Yarn: Jaeger Roma in Lavender approx. 450g.
Needles: 3,5mm & 4,5mm
I knitted sleeves longer than pattern asked for 'cause I like them better this length (+I have long(ish) arms;-) I like the lean lines of this cardi, although the "modified rib" seemed to go on forever (and as I'm probably out of my mind I decided to knit a top to go under this thing, which has a zillion inches ribbing on it! ugh...)

Neuloin hihat joitain senttejä pidemmiksi, koska en pitänyt alkuperäisestä pituudesta (voi johtua siitä että minulla on melko pitkät kädet:-)
Overall, I like this cardi quite a bit. It has all the qualities that will make it a "work horse" in my wardrobe - it has clean , easy to wear lines. Yarn is soft and very nice to wear even on a bare skin, and I can see myself reaching for this whenever I need to cover up during the summer months.

Kokonaisuudessaan tästä tuli varsin kelpo neuletakki - jota tulen pitämään varmaan kyllästymiseen asti, sillä se on todella helpon mallinen ja mukava käyttää. Seuraavassa blogipäivityksessä kuvia alle sopivasta topista, jonka neulominen saisi kenet tahansa kammoamaan joustinneuletta...

No comments: