Monday 13 April 2009

New socks & new shoes - Uudet sukat ja popot

Gotta love those stripes! I can totally see why everyone is making these socks (or so it seems) Truly addictive. Seriously! I'm also using this photo opportunity to show off my new El Naturalista shoes. (yes - I have a few pairs already - but they are so comfortable and organic & good for soul...;-)

Raitoja, raitoja! Alan vihdoin ymmärtää, miksi kaikki tuntuvat neulovan näitä raidoitettuja Noro-sukkia. Siis mahtavaa. Ja tietysti samalla kun näistä otettiin kuvat, niin piti pistää uudet El Naturalista poponi jalkaan - kun ovat niin ihanat. (eivät ole todellakaan ensimmäiset el naturalistani, näitä on kertynyt viimeisen neljän vuoden aikana, mutta kun ovat vain niin mukavia, ja aivan ihania:-)
Pattern: generic toe-up sock with solid coloured toe, short-row heel. Stripe-sequence 3by3 rows- except 2-2rows on the heel.
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock 114g shade #164
Needles:2,5mm dpns
I had my share of problems while knitting the socks though - I knitted these by taking yarn from both ends of the same skein - and ended up with some areas where colours meet so that stripe definition is not clear enough. When (not if!) I'll make my next pair I'll take my kitchen scale and divide the sein in two - and then knit with those two skeins making sure both run either from outside to inside or visa versa (so that colours follow each other in same order) - this should prevent "gray" areas. At least in theory.

matkan varrelle mahtui pari ongelmaa, koska neuloin nämä niin, että otin lankaa saman kerän molemmista päistä ja raidoitin. Jolloin välillä sukkiin tuli alueita, joissa värialueet kohtaavat päittäin ja tuloksena raidoitus muuttui hetkittäin "sumeaksi". Seuraavalla kerralla (joka tulee varmasti) puolitan kerän ensin ja neulon sitten näillä kahdella kerällä raidoittaen niin, että molemmissa lanka juoksee värien suhteen samaan suuntaan.
Stripes galore!
Raitojen juhlaa!

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Very nice - both socks and shoes :-)