Monday 20 February 2012

Spinning - Kehräämässä

I've been spinning. And cursing. A lot. My treasured spinning wheel has not worked like it is supposed to + I'm bit of a novice in spinning - which is not a good combination.

The problem was that my spinning wheel kept dropping drive bands from the fly wheel. All the time. Anyone who has been spinning lknows how irritating that is! Fortunately my DH made some modifications to the wheel and now it feels better already. I can actually spin! In the photos - the blue indigo dyed fibre has been my first try with my spinning wheel - and it shows. The pink merino/tencel is already looking much, much better!

Olen vihdoin ottanut rukin käyttöön ja polkenut sitä innolla. Josko oppisi kunnolla kehräämään., Aluksi tosin poljentaa oli vähemmän kuin kiroilua, koska rukki heitteli nyörejä pois jatkuvasti. Todella ärsyttävää - eikä mitenkään edesauttanut nautinnollista kehräämistä. Mutta onneksi rakas puoliso vähän modaili rukkia ja nyt narut pysyy paikoillaan jo ihan ok. Tämä näkyy myös kehräystuloksessa. Kuvien sininen indigo-värjätty kuitu muotoutui todella epätasaiseksi ja ylikierteiseksi langaksi, mutta pinkki merino-tencel vaikuttaa jo huomattavasti paremmalta. Ja nyt kehrääminen tuntuukin jo kivalta puuhalta!
Tätä on tulossa lisää.


3 comments:

Sigrun said...

This is so nice and lovely colors. My f...ing spinning wheel is not working properly so I just use my drop spindle. Maybe I should see if my dh can fix it? I would like to buy me a new one (meaning the spinning wheel) but no budget so it will have to wait.

Emma said...

Hyvältä näyttää!

A-L said...

Sigrun: I really do recommend trying to mend your spinning wheel. Mine works ok now and it is so much nicer to spin with it!

Emma: Kiitos!