Tuesday 18 August 2015

Crochet by numbers? - Virkkausta ohjeesta?



It's been of while. Oh well. Everything is fine, just holidays - you know...

I've been thinking what it is that bugs me in this CAL that I'm taking part in. And guess what- I think it is a lack of creative freedom. I felt really a bit bored during weeks 1-3 of this CAL as everything was premeditated: I had bought the yarn pack and now someone was telling me which yarns to combine and what to crochet with them. It reminded me somehow of those paint by number paintings that you can buy and there are ready-made instructions of which paint hue to use and where. The result is always up to some standard, but the creativity content is pure zero.
As I was growing more and more uneasy I suddenly realised that heck - I do not need to follow those instructions to the letter. I can make my own colour combos! And from there on I've really come to love Scheepjes Flight of Fancy CAL.

There was a discussion , pretty early on into the CAL, about colour choices, changing colours etc. Some people voiced out their concern that changing colours from designer's choices would show disrespect to the designer. I have to disagree. I think  (if I was a designer) that it must be very interesting for a designer to see different interpretations of her designs.

So I've been crocheting along with the CAL but only crochet motives from weeks 1,2, & 3 are exactly like in the pattern. For the rest I have always picked the yarns that please my eye the most. It is looking good:-)
Really enjoying this now!

No johan aika taas lentää. Mutta ei hätää - kaikki on hyvin. Mitä nyt lomia on vietetty, purjehdittu, juostu vähän maratonia jne. Mutta käsityöthän kulkee aina mukana. Lomallekin. 

Viimeksi olin ehkä vähän tympeänä tätä Scheepjesin Flight of Fancy CALia kohtaan. Moni asia ärsytti ja lopulta tajusin miksen nauti shaalin tekemisestä. Olin tavoistani täysin poiketen ostanut lankapaketin (eli minulla on oikeat langat, tiettyjä sävyjä myöten) joten ohjeen seuraaminen oli tylsää. Ei mitään yllätysmomenttia, ei luovuutta lankojen valinnassa jne. Vähän niinkuin sellaisissa värityskuvissa joissa on numerot. 1= punainen, 2= sininen jne. Kyllähän niinkin ihan hienoja kuvia saa aikaiseksi, mutta luovuutta siinä on käytetty tasan 0%. Ja tämä oli siis ongelma, josta onneksi oli todella helppo ulospääsy: lopetin värikoodien tuijottamisen ja virkkailin menemään aivan omilla väriyhdistelmillä. Ja johan alkoi tuntua virkkaaminen taas mukavalta. 

Nyt olisi 65 virkattua ( tai no, ketä yritän huijata - 130 , koska virkkaan rinnalla talviversiota huivilankojen jämistä) kuviota, jotka seuraavaksi virkataan kiinni toisiinsa. Näyttää erittäin hyvältä. Ja  on muuten todella mukava tällainenkin CAL kun vain saa oman asenteensa kohdilleen. Eikun virkkaamaan. 

PS, Nuuskis: Huomasin juuri haasteesi, vastaan siihen seuraavassa postauksessa!




No comments: